Requirements: Brightcove integration enabled
To set up our Brightcove integration, you'll need to register CaptionHub as an application with Brightcove.
To do this:
- Log into your Brightcove account as an Administrator.
- Click on the Admin menu at the top right, and choose "Account Information"
- Make a note of the Account ID, which is a sequence of numbers
- Next click on "API Authentication"
- Click the "Register New Application button"
- Give the integration a name, e.g. "CaptionHub"
- Adjust the permissions as shown below
- Click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen
- A pop-up window will appear, with a Client ID and a Client Secret on it. Leave this window open.
- Open a new browser window for CaptionHub
- Navigate to Team Settings, and click on the Integrations tab
- Paste the Client ID and the Client Secret from the Brightcove window
- Finally, enter your Account ID that you made a note of earlier
- Click on the "Update integrations" button at the bottom of the page
When Dynamic ingest is enabled, CaptionHub will automatically import any new videos you add to Brightcove. Optionally, you're also able to automatically transcribe and re-publish those videos back to Brightcove. So you can benefit from the power of CaptionHub without ever logging in.
Learn more here.