Our Custom Dictionary functionality biases the speech recognition algorithms towards a pre-defined set of terms. It's extremely useful when you know what kind of words or names are going to appear in a given video. It's particularly effective for product names, names of people, technical jargon, and so on.
To use Custom Dictionary functionality, you need to create a new Custom Dictionary first.
- Navigate to Team Settings
- Click on the Custom Dictionary tab
- Select your desired language, and then type (or copy & paste) in your required terms. There is a limit of 1000 words.
- Once you've finished, click Create
Having created your custom dictionary, you then need to specify it when you create a transcription.
- Click on the Create captions button, and choose Auto-Transcribe
- As long as the transcription engine supports it, then the Custom Dictionary option will appear, with a drop-down
- Select the Custom Dictionary you'd like to use, and specify everything else as you would usually
Note: Custom Dictionary functionality only available with some plans, and it's currently only available when Amazon Transcribe is selected as the transcription engine.