Administrator access to your Qumu account, and Superuser access to CaptionHub. If your VCC install is behind a firewall, you'll also need bi-directional access to CaptionHub via port 443. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a range of IP addresses to whitelist.
1. Setup OAuth on the VCC
- This is done from the admin portal, and the URL to this is: https://<yourQumuURL>/adminportal/login.do
- (eg: https://demo-vcc75.qumu.com/adminportal/login.do)
- This may take a while to load, so be patient.
2. Go to Left sidebar menu
- Choose User Management, click to expand this menu
- Choose OAuth Clients
- Click + to create a new one
3. Enter required details:
- Client ID: Whatever you need, probably CaptionHub (whatever you choose, note this down)
- Name: CaptionHub
- Redirect URL pattern = .*
- Client Secret: any random string will work here – e.g. CaptionHub!!
- Skip User Authorisation: tick this box
- Access token expiry (seconds): Choose what you prefer. (12hrs is 43200 seconds)
- Implicit token expiry (seconds): Choose what is needed. (12hrs is 43200 seconds)
- Navigate to Team Settings from the drop-down at the top right, and click on the Integrations tab
- Enter required details
- Qumu VCC host: Enter the URL of your Qumu instance here (e.g. demo-vcc75.qumu.com) NB. don't include a protocol or a trailing slash
- Qumu VCC domain: Enter the name of your Qumu domain here (e.g. demo)
- Qumu VCC Client ID: Enter the name of the Client ID you entered in Step 3, above
- Now, return to the Dashboard, and test the integration. If you have any problems, please contact email@example.com