Requirements: Pro Translation, Enterprise plans
Whilst CaptionHub has powerful tools for translation, and translation workflows, some of our customers prefer to translate outside of CaptionHub. This could be for any of the following reasons:
- You have established processes for timed text translation in place
- You may wish to take advantage of a TMS system, and take advantage of translation memories and termbases
- CaptionHub's built-in multi-lingual spellcheck does not suit your purposes
- Your linguists may not have access to CaptionHub
Our Memsource integration automates the round-tripping of timed text, but you can achieve it manually using the steps below:
- In CaptionHub (or elsewhere), create a master timed text file in the original language that's being spoken. We recommend TTML for this, but we'll support SRT, VTT and iTT formats as well.
- Import this timed text file into your TMS, or translate manually in a text editor. If you're using a text editor, avoid Word, and ensure that the file remains in plain text, and UTF-8.
- In CaptionHub, create the languages that you need, with no translations
- In each translation's Edit view, choose "Import timed text" from the drop-down cog. Choose your translated timed text file, and import.
Important: your file must have exactly the same number of captions as the source file.