Welcome to CaptionHub! Let's get you started.
First, CaptionHub needs a video to use. CaptionHub does handle most video formats, but .mp4 files will work reliably and consistently. Windows Media Video files (.wmv) are no longer supported, unfortunately.
- Log in to CaptionHub at app.captionhub.com
- Click on the 'New Project' button at the bottom of the page. This'll open up a window like this:
- Fill in the name you'd like to give your project.
- Attach your movie file.
- Fill in any notes you'd like to attach the project – this can be a link to a brief, a deadline, any pertinent information attached to the project.
- The 'Lock timeline' checkbox stops linguists from adjusting timings. This can be useful for some workflows, but it's typically left unchecked.
- Once you're done, click 'Create Project'.
CaptionHub will then upload your video to the cloud, and re-encode it, ready for use. You'll see a progress bar whilst it uploads, and then it'll encode it for you. The page will automatically update when the movie's encoded, and you'll also be sent an email to let you know when it's ready.
NEXT: Create an original set of captions